Thursday, December 24, 2009


Sweet Cherry



death is lonely

she wants to talk

death wears make-up

has flowing auburn hair

with thick, red lipstick

and peach rouge

heavy mascara

with a solid gold smile

to set it all off

death can't spell my name

as she dances on the sidewalk

on a cold, blustery day

she calls herself "sweet cherry"

she ignores me when I say

"turn that fucking music down"

she just smiles harder

in between attempts at lip-syncing

over Kei$ha's "tic-toc"

hitch, kick, ball, change

she tosses her hair back

looks around for her next victim

moves in for the kill

without telling me

good-bye

I don't mind

we'll catch up later

I am sure of that

1 comment:

Joy Leftow said...

the thought of virginity and death - who'd die a virgin. just the thoughts aroused by pic and poetry combines